With SPF, you can take additional precautions to stop malicious spammers from using your domain. Enabling SPF is easy to do, and requires updating your Domain Name System (DNS) records.
Creating SPF record for Kerio Connect
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Kerio Connect :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Kerio Connect will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 ip4:184.108.40.206 -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Kerio Connect. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Kerio Connect’s IP address used for sending emails, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx ip4:220.127.116.11 -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Finally, you can look up your record using our SPF record lookup tool, and enable DMARC for your domains: take a DMARC trial.