SPF is a simple yet powerful email authentication method that protects your domain from spam and phishing attacks. In short, it helps verify the source of email messages by identifying which server or server addresses may send emails on behalf of your domain.
Creating SPF record for Netsuite
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Netsuite :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Netsuite will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:sent-via.netsuite.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Netsuite. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Netsuite, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:sent-via.netsuite.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes