Companies that are just starting to build their online reputation would want to implement SPF in order to avoid being impersonated by others outside their organization. If someone is sending an email from your company's domain and you did not authorize the email, the SPF policy on your domain will mark the message as invalid. This helps to prevent your legitimate senders from being blacklisted because of impersonation.
Creating SPF record for Pinpointe
Here are the steps to set up SPF for Pinpointe :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Pinpointe will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:pinpointe.com include:mypinpointe.com -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Pinpointe. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Pinpointe, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:pinpointe.com include:mypinpointe.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes