SPF is an email authentication method that verifies the source of email messages, preventing illegitimate senders from sending messages on your domain's behalf. To enable SPF, you must add the records linked with your email address and identify.
Creating SPF record for E-shot
Here are the steps to set up SPF for E-shot :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for E-shot will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:spf.e-shot.net -all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using E-shot. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include E-shot, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:spf.e-shot.net -all
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes