SPF is a proven method to decrease spam complaints and specify to receiving servers which sending sources are authorized to send emails taking your identity, or from your domain name. By setting a custom Return-path domain you can ensure that your emails sent from Postmark pass DMARC alignment.
Creating custom Return-path domain for Postmark
- Access your DNS administrator’s portal and navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a CNAME record that points to pm.mtasv.net
- Save changes to the record and allow your DNS some time to process the changes
- Login to your Postmark account and navigate to “Signatures”
- Find the domain for which you want to enable a custom Return-path and click on “DNS Settings”
- In the Return-Path section you can now enter in the alias domain name that you used in your CNAME record which you had previously added to your DNS