SPF is a proven method to decrease spam complaints and specify to receiving servers which sending sources are authorized to send emails taking your identity, or from your domain name. By setting a custom Return-path domain you can ensure that your emails sent from Postmark pass DMARC alignment.
Creating custom Return-path domain for Postmark
- Access your DNS administrator’s portal and navigate to the DNS records section
- Create a CNAME record that points to pm.mtasv.net
- Save changes to the record and allow your DNS some time to process the changes
- Login to your Postmark account and navigate to “Signatures”
- Find the domain for which you want to enable a custom Return-path and click on “DNS Settings”
- In the Return-Path section you can now enter in the alias domain name that you used in your CNAME record which you had previously added to your DNS
Check your SPF DNS record using our free SPF record lookup tool. Enable DMARC for your domains to protect against spoofing. Sign up for a DMARC trial today!