SPF helps you authorize the sending sources for your outgoing emails. This in turn helps you gain protection against spam and email fraud. In order to enable SPF for SendPulse, follow these steps:
Creating an SPF Record for SendPulse:
- Go to the Email tab and then navigate to Service settings.
- Click on the Email Authentication Tab.
- Choose Domain authentication (SPF and DKIM records) and click on Activate button.
- Enter the domain name for which you want to generate the SPF records.
- Click on the Generate SPF/DKIM records button and copy the SPF record to your clipboard.
Here are the steps to publish SPF for SendPulse through your DNS :
Login to your DNS management console
Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
An SPF TXT record for iContact will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 include:mxsspf.sendpulse.com -all
Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using SendPulse. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include SendPulse, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:mxsspf.sendpulse.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes