The need for enabling SPF for iContact lies in the fact that unless you specify Infusionsoft as your legitimate sending source, emails sent using it will fail SPF authentication on the receivers’ end. In order to ensure email deliverability, here are the steps to add an SPF record for iContact in your DMS.
Adding an SPF Record for iContact
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Oracle Eloqua will have the following syntax:
name.domain.com TXT v=spf1 include:icpbounce.com
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using iContact. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include iContact, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:icpbounce.com
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes
Finally, you can look up your record using our SPF record lookup tool, and enable DMARC for your domains: take a DMARC trial.