SPF is a TXT record published on your domain that allows specific servers to send mail by using your domain name. In this case, Oracle Eloqua auto-configures SPF for everyone which means manual creation of SPF record is not needed even if your domain is a custom domain.
Adding an SPF Record for Oracle Eloqua
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for Oracle Eloqua will have the following syntax:
name.domain.com TXT v=spf1 include:_netblocks.eloqua.com
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using Oracle Eloqua. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include Oracle Eloqua, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx include:_netblocks.eloqua.com -all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes