SPF identifies which mail servers are authorized to send emails for a domain. With SPF, if a receiving server checks an SPF record successfully, the sending server is authenticated. If SPF doesn’t check out, it’s forwarded as spam.
In order to specify eRecruiter as an authorized email sending source for your domain, you need to add an SPF record for eRecruiter.
Creating an SPF Record for eRecruiter
Here are the steps to set up SPF for eRecruiter :
- Login to your DNS management console
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > DNS Template
- You need to edit the DNS TXT record related to SPF
- An SPF TXT record for eRecruiter will have the following syntax:
mydomain.com TXT v=spf1 a:er-mail.erecruiter.net ~all
- Publish this record in your DNS records section for your respective domain.
Note: If you don’t have an SPF record previously for your domain, simply publish the above-mentioned record to enable SPF for outgoing emails using eRecruiter. If you do have an existing SPF record in your DNS, you need to modify it to include eRecruiter, as shown below:
Previous SPF record: v=spf1 mx -all
Modified SPF record: v=spf1 mx a:er-mail.erecruiter.net ~all
- Save changes
- Wait for 72 hours to allow your DNS to process the changes