In this article, we will discuss how easy it is to monitor and select your subdomains on PowerDMARC’s DMARC analyzer dashboard. Our system automatically detects nested subdomains and displays them along with your top-level domains, offering adequate flexibility during your domain selection process.
- When you log in to your PowerDMARC control panel, it shows the automatically detected subdomains indented under the TLD (top-level domain) both in the selection list and in the returned results:
- The subdomains added separately to the system are treated the same as TLDs
- If you add a subdomain to the system and was previously detected by the system under a TLD the data related to that subdomain will appear right under it
- The multi-selection of domains is available in Dashboard, Aggregate Reports, and Forensics and can be done by pressing shft+select/Command+select on your keyboard
- A user can search and individually select the automatically detected subdomains to separately track their rua/ruf data
- To deselect a single selected domain you need to hold the shift key and select that domain or select “All Domains”
- To add new domains to the selection list you should press and hold the shift key
Note: The filter per domain option is currently available for all TLDs as shown below:
- If you hover over the info icon adjacent to Domain, a tooltip provides written assistance on the domain selection process
- The automatically detected subdomains are also displayed in the Manage Domains list. Here when you expand a TLD you can see its automatically detected subdomains in a passive state with an info icon at the end.
- If you click on the info icon it will inform you that some of the actions in the system are restricted for these domains.
- The option to multi-select also makes it easier to compare the results of individual domains and subdomains
The idea behind introducing additional functionalities in the domain selection field is to reduce the effort on the part of the end-user, provide more options and flexibility in terms of filtering results, and making the dashboard user-friendly and convenient.
Don’t have a PowerDMARC account yet? Sign up for a free DMARC trial today!