The first step to secure your email is by publishing a DMARC record into your DNS. The following procedure illustrates the steps needed to do that:
- Log into your DNS provider
- Select the domain for which you wish to create a DMARC record for
- Add the following record:
- Type: TXT
- Host: _dmarc
- Value: enter or paste the DMARC record generated via the setup wizard or our DMARC record generator
This should look something like this:
- Check if you’ve correctly published the record using our DMARC record lookup tool.
- Once the record is created, you will start receiving DMARC data within 24-72 hours.
The procedure for publishing a DMARC record on popular web hosting providers can be found here